In an effort to ensure the safety of our staff and clients, we are utilizing low-contact service to all our clients for all pet care needs.
Dear Prestige Animal Hospital (PAH) Family,
On behalf of everyone at PAH, our hearts go out to all those impacted by the COVID-19- not only those diagnosed with the virus but also their friends and family, those whose jobs and schools have been impacted and so many more. Our focus is, as always, on the health and safety of our employees, clients and communities.
We wanted to update all of you as we continue to monitor the status of the coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in our area. The safety of our clients, patients and employees is our highest priority and we will continue to monitor the situation closely. We have protocols in place within our facilities to minimize the spread of germs including increased routine cleaning and sanitizing of the facility. We have asked that employees follow good hand hygiene and stay at home if they are sick. At this time, we have not made any changes to our normal operations at any of our locations. As always, both our North and South locations remain open during regular business hours and we will continue to see regular appointments at our hospital. We will update you if we anticipate any changes in our normal schedule as things progress.
- Please do not be offended with our precautionary measures as you may notice us with masks/gloves and limiting person-to-person interactions.
- If you, or anyone you have been exposed to, is experiencing any symptoms of continuous cough or fever we ask you not to visit the hospital and find the help of a friend/relative/acquaintance to bring your pet into the appointment or pick up meds/food. Please let us know of this so we can take appropriate precautions as well.
- Please be patient with us. We are doing our best to navigate the current challenging situation while trying to maintain a safe environment for staff, clients and our patients. Our main goal is to remain open to help our clients and patients get through this time.
We recognize that this is a fluid situation and we will continue to monitor the CDC guidelines as well as state and local government recommendations. We will adjust our protocols accordingly and keep our clients informed as new information becomes available.
To minimize risk for everyone and encourage social distancing, we ask that clients please try and consider the below options and follow the appointment guidelines:
- WE WILL BE SEEING APPOINTMENTS ONLY
- Prestige South Fontana: (909) 357-7300
- Prestige North Fontana: (909) 329-2860
- 24-hour emergency (not affiliated with PAH):
- California Veterinary Specialists (Ontario): (909) 947-3600
- Inland Valley Veterinary Specialists (Upland): (909) 931-7871
- Please call these hospitals before heading there
- We want to remind all of our clients that we offer DROP OFF EXAMS for existing clients at no additional charge. As we all try to limit our personal interactions, we encourage you to utilize our DROP OFF EXAMS—you can drop your pet off in the morning and our doctors will perform any necessary exams/treatments. You will be called when the doctor is finished to discuss any findings and treatment plans. You will then be transferred over to a Client Service Representative for payment over the phone, then you can pick your pet up later in the day or at the time the nurse/doctor gave you for pick up. If you cannot drop off in the morning, please call to schedule these as you would a normal appointment so we can anticipate your arrival.
- At this time we are not allowing anyone inside the hospital and ask that upon arrival to call to let us know you have arrived and then remain in your vehicle with your animal. We are making every effort to keep all of our services available but feel the need to eliminate unnecessary public interactions for the safety of our clients and staff.
- We will be offering curbside medication refills to our clients. The medications can be called in and paid for over the phone. When you arrive, please call us and we will bring the medications to you in your car. Please allow at least 24 hours to refill a prescription and/or food.
- PLEASE HAVE YOUR PHONE ON YOU AT ALL TIMES FOR CONTACT AND PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US. WE ARE DOING OUR BEST, AND CALL VOLUME IS VERY HIGH.
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the scheduled appointment.
- When you arrive in the hospital, please remain in your car and then call to let us know you have arrived. Dogs must be on a leash and cats in a carrier.
- A care professional will discuss your needs by phone when you arrive. At the end of the phone conversation, our staff will meet you in the parking lot in order to bring your pet into the hospital. Depending on the type of visit, payment may be made at this time.
- We would then ask clients to wait in their vehicles until the medical team can evaluate their pet and/or perform necessary treatments/procedures.
- After the medical team evaluates your pet, you will receive a telephone call to discuss recommendations and a plan to move forward. We will then obtain verbal consent of treatment and details surrounding financial estimates. Payment will then be processed over the phone, if not previously processed. If you are paying cash, please let us know, but a credit card is preferred.
- At the end of the diagnostics/treatments, a team member will contact you if further diagnostics/therapy may be needed and/or discharge instructions and follow-up appointments.
- A team member will then meet you at the front door to discharge your pet to you.
Prescription Refill and Food Pick-Up:
- Please allow 24 hours to fill a prescription and/or food order.
- Payment and pick-up information will be processed over the phone.
Grooming (South location only):
- Remain in your vehicle with your pet. Dogs need to be on a leash and cats in a carrier.
- Call us when you arrive (909) 357-7300. We will let you know when we are ready to proceed.
- A team member will meet you by the front door and bring only your pet into the hospital for grooming.
- A team member will then call you when your pet is ready, take payment over the phone and make arrangements to meet you by the front door of the hospital to discharge your pet.
Note: we are asking any clients who are considered high risk (see below) to not visit the hospital unless it is an emergency.
High risk includes those who:
- Have symptoms compatible with COVID-19 (subjective or measured fever, cough, or difficulty breathing).
- Have been exposed to people with such symptoms.
- Have recently traveled to a high-risk area for COVID-19 as defined by CDC.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and continued support. We will do our best to keep everyone updated as possible with our protocols. Our primary goal is to stay healthy, keep others around us healthy and continue to provide service throughout the duration of this pandemic. Stay safe.
Sincerely, Prestige Animal Hospital Team